In this episode, Janet Bayramyan, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Trauma Therapist, will answer five questions from our community:
- What are some of the key characteristics of a healthy relationship?
- Every relationship has arguments/confrontations. How can you tell the difference between abusive arguments/confrontations and healthy arguments/confrontations
- What are the 5 boundaries that every healthy relationship has?
- After being in an abusive relationship for so long, I find myself feeling uncomfortable and wanting to distance myself in a healthy relationship because of how unfamiliar they feel. How can I adjust myself before I lose someone who truly cares about me?
- I often find myself dropping good people out of my life because of the abuse I experienced in the past. For example, last week I distanced myself from a coworker because she questioned my perspective of things and I felt like I was being gaslighted. Looking back, I wasn’t being gaslighted, she was just voicing her opinion. How can I prevent this from happening again?
Janet believes everyone has a powerful story, and she also believes in everyone’s inner resiliency and self-empowerment. Janet believes that everyone who has experienced life’s ups and downs are incredibly resilient, and she likes to see herself as a guide to support in getting to a place of inner acceptance and harmony.
Janet Bayramyan is an EMDR certified psychotherapist. She is also trained in Attachment Focused EMDR, the Havening Techniques, Brainspotting, and other trauma modalities.
Using the lens of EMDR, Janet helps clients understand and process the impact of trauma and move through states of protection and connection in their nervous system to establish an embodied sense of safety.
Podcast Music: Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com