Lauren Maher, LMFT, is a licensed marriage and family therapist who works with individuals who are experiencing anxiety, trauma, PTSD, grief, and relationship issues, as well as those who are simply seeking greater self-awareness and insight. She is trained in various trauma healing modalities, including EMDR and Trauma Resiliency Model. She frequently works with artists and creatives, and has a great respect for the creative process and for the unique issues that artists face while pursuing their dreams and goals.
In addition to her counseling work, Lauren is a certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT) and yoga teacher. Since 2001, she has taught yoga, mindfulness, and meditation in a wide variety of settings, including hospitals, a cancer support center, and an eating disorder treatment center.
Lauren believes in drawing upon her clients’ inherent strengths and sense of resiliency and is particularly interested in the link between the body and mind. She is passionate about teaching her clients practical tools to help improve their daily lives.
- Marymount Manhattan College, BA Theatre Arts
- Antioch University, MA Clinical Psychology
- Loyola Marymount University, Yoga Therapy RX Level I and II Certification
- CAMFT (California Marriage and Family Therapist Association)
- IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapists)
- Fully trained in EMDR therapy
- Certified Yoga Therapist (IAYT)
- Certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist (CCTSI)
- Trauma (PTSD and complex trauma)
- Adult Children of Narcissists/Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Somatic and Mind/Body Therapies
- Cancer Support
- Author of:
- Mindfulness Workbook for Panic Attacks: Healing Strategies to Reduce Anxiety, Manage Panic, and Live in the Moment (Published by Rockridge Press)
Areas Lauren Can Work In:
- California (Therapy)
- Worldwide (Yoga Therapy)
UNFILTEREDD EDITORIAL POLICY
At Unfilteredd, we are committed to providing every individual with trustworthy, extensive, and helpful information about abusive relationships. To be your most trusted source of information, our content is medically reviewed to verify the accuracy of our content. Medical review is provided by members of the Unfilteredd Medical Network. Read more about our process here.