Listening to “Unpacking Narcissism” episodes will help you grasp a comprehensive understanding of narcissism and help you protect yourself and/or heal from narcissistic abuse.
In this episode, you will learn how to protect yourself from the following manipulation tactics.
- When someone purposefully causes you emotional and/or physical suffering to make you pay for something that they consider to be a mistake.
Negative Predictions (06:13)
- When someone predicts a bad outcome for you.
Slippery Slope (11:22)
- When someone suggests that a small problem that you have will inevitably lead to a monumental one.
- When someone offers something that you want if you comply with their wishes.
Spiritual Legalism (25:43)
- When someone states or implies that you must behave in a certain way in order to be clean before God.
So, if you want to learn how to defend yourself against these five manipulation tactics, then you won’t want to miss this episode.
Do you have a question that you want answered on the podcast? Are you interested coming to the show as a guest? Do you want to leave feedback? Reach us at email@example.com
Meet Andre O’Donnell
Andre O’Donnell is a licensed psychotherapist in Washington State. Andre specializes in helping people heal from a vast range of traumas, including narcissistic and sociopathic abuse, religious upbringing, complicated family and relationship dynamics, infidelity, and complex grief. As a survivor of narcissistic abuse, Andre fully understands the complexity of abuse and knows that trauma manifests in many shapes and forms.
Podcast Music: Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com