In this episode, Nicki Paull, an Australian Professional Counsellor and Therapist with expertise in Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome recovery, will answer five questions from our Community:
- I am three weeks away from going No Contact with my abuser. I can’t use the Gray Rock Method because it triggers narcissistic rage. A close friend of mine told me that she provides her abuser with small amounts of admiration to reduce the amount of abuse she is experiencing and told me it has worked. Are there any other sneaky techniques like this that I can try?
- I fall for the love bombing and honeymoon phase every single time. What are some boundaries that I can set with myself to protect me from this powerful form of manipulation?
- I am trying to break my trauma bond right now. What are some of the best ways that I can take care of my mental and physical health during this tough period in my life?
- How does a narcissist’s behavior change as they get older and less mobile? Do they get more abusive or do they start to become more empathic?
- What are some of the signs that I can look out for that indicate my abuser’s behavior is getting more violent? I know it might sound like a silly question but when I am in the thick of it, I can’t tell, it is all a blur.
Podcast Music: Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com