In this episode Angela Avery, a licensed professional counselor, will answer five questions from our Narcissistic Abuse Support Platform Community members:
- How do you overcome the sense of loss after a narcissistic relationship? I feel like I wasted so much of my life.
- The narcissist makes me feel really bad about setting boundaries. He calls me controlling, arrogant, childish, and so on. I know that he is just manipulating me but it still makes me second guess myself. How can I overcome this?
- I want revenge on the narcissist, does that make me a narcissist? What are some healthy forms of revenge that I can take without being narcissistic?
- What are some of the ways that narcissists manipulate us into being comfortable being powerless and vulnerable?
- How can I deal with my kid who is lashing out at me to get the love of their narcissistic parent?
Angela Avery, LPC, NCC, CCATP is a board certified Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in narcissistic abuse recovery, high conflict divorce and teenage girl experiences.
As a mother, and a narcissistic abuse survivor, she has first-hand knowledge of the toll it takes on a person’s mental, physical and spiritual well-being. She believes healing is possible and hopes to be a truth-teller, opportunity-seeker and life-rebuilder on your journey towards the future.
Podcast Music: Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com