In this episode Karina Ramdath, a registered social worker and therapist, will answer five questions about trauma bonding:
- What is a trauma bond and how are they created?
- How can you tell if you are in a trauma bonded relationship?
- Once you realize that you’re in a trauma bonded relationship, what are the first, and most important, steps that you should take to break the bond?
- If you had to recommend three things that someone can do every single day to cope with the painful thoughts, feelings, and emotions that being in a trauma bonded relationship creates, what would they be and why?
- What are the short and long term effects of trauma bonding?
Karina Ramdath is a compassionate, skilled therapist, who works with survivors of childhood sexual abuse, trauma, and other complex mental health concerns.
Karina’s professional focus is to support people by validating their experiences and
acknowledging their resilience. Karina brings a wealth of experience from hospital inpatient mental health, community and rural addictions and mental health, urgent care / emergency care services, and international community work to supporting people across the lifespan and from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
You can contact Karina via email or phone:
Podcast Music: Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com