Listening to “Unpacking Narcissism” episodes will help you grasp a comprehensive understanding of narcissism and help you protect yourself and/or heal from narcissistic abuse.
In this episode, you will learn how to protect yourself from the following manipulation tactics.
Conversation Domination (02:20)
- When someone interrupts, speaks over, or speaks for you.
Unsolicited Advice (16:12)
- When someone gives you advice that you did not ask or give permission for them to offer.
Sneaky Advice (23:43)
- When someone gives you advice that you did not ask for in an indirect way.
- When someone consoles you in a demanding way.
- When someone asks or strongly encourages you to do something and expects you to do it.
So, if you want to learn how to defend yourself against these five manipulation tactics, then you won’t want to miss this episode.
Do you have a question that you want answered on the podcast? Are you interested coming to the show as a guest? Do you want to leave feedback? Reach us at email@example.com
Meet Fabian Wander
Mr. Fabián Sergio Wander is the Director of the Health and Wellness Office at Hostos Community College and also founder of Wander Counseling, a mental health practice that incorporates Walk and Talk therapy in addition to the traditional office based treatment approach. He has been working as a Social Worker for over 17 years and is licensed in the State of New York.
Podcast Music: Creative Commons Music by Jason Shaw on Audionautix.com